I, Dr. Scott Lively, am Pro-Life…
1. Because God wants me to be:
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live.
2. Because science proves that every baby is a unique human being from conception.
“To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion … it is plain experimental evidence. Each individual has a very neat beginning, at conception.” Dr. Jerome Lejeune, Father of Modern Genetics.
3. Because the deliberate choice of abortion is just another name for murder.
According to The Model Penal Code of The American Law Institute, murder is
“purposefully or knowingly killing another human being.”
4. Because American law and government rest upon a pro-life premise.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” The Declaration of Independence, emphasis added.
The remaining three items are statements of self-evident truth.
5. Because legalized abortion robs fathers of their fundamental rights as parents, and their Biblical authority as heads of their households.
6. Because women are degraded and harmed by the choice to kill their own children.
7. Because even in the case of rape or incest, a child must never be required to pay for the sins of his father.