The Seven Principles of Biblical Warfare For Purging the Cancer of Marxism from America: A Teaching on Deuteronomy 20.
As a culture war missionary and attorney, I believe the Bible contains the highest law on this earth and the divine principles underlying the Mosaic law remain constant and binding upon all mankind, even in cases where the “letter” of individual statutes may rightly be deemed situational to an ancient context or fulfilled by Christ. In my view, it is the spirit, not the letter, of the law that is perfect per Psalm 19:7 and 2 Corinthians 3:6, and as essential in the fabric of Creation as the fundamentals of physics.
That is an important caveat in an article offering Deuteronomy 20 as the model for defeating the attempted Marxist coup we’re suffering. These Marxists are skilled and experienced liars – professional false witnesses – who routinely misrepresent the words and deeds of American constitutionalists for political ends, and they hold a virtual monopoly on our public information systems. It has never been more important for patriots to be circumspect in our rhetoric, not primarily because of THEM, because Marxists will simply fabricate lies to attribute to us no matter what we say.
No, we must be especially scrupulous in what we say and do now because IF, by the reestablishment of the rule of the true law, we are able to purge the cancer of Marxism from our Judeo-Christian civilization, we will retroactively be held to those same higher standards for our speech and actions in the prosecution of that war. So, yes, I am saying Marxism is a cancer that must be removed because it is now clear that our prior policy of peaceful coexistence on equal terms is no longer possible. But I am also saying we must not employ corrupt Marxist strategies, tactics and reasoning in the removal process.
We must not be like the Socialist Weimar government of the 1920s and empower an army of National Socialist street thugs to fight the Soviet Communist street thugs in the blood-splattered cities of Bavaria. Neither can we create a South American-style dictatorial right-wing crack-down of skull-busting storm troopers repeatedly chasing left-wing guerillas back into the hills.
What we need is an organized nationwide army of God-Fearing Constitution-Loving Patriots who follow God’s law of warfare.
John Adams warned that “We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion….Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.” Today’s Marxist revolutionaries have proved Adams correct by shattering the bulwarks of the constitution from within – using liberty as a springboard to anarchy and tolerance as a pathway to tyranny. Their malignancy has overwhelmed the immune system of the body politic, leaving the extreme measure of emergency surgery as our final option.
In other words, what we need is an American Reset to constitutional originalism in which all the seats of power and influence in this nation are filled by constitutionalists. These constitutionalists will not kill those whom they supplant, as the Marxists will certainly kill some (perhaps many) patriots if their coup succeeds (mark my words). Constitutionalists will simply take the Marxists’ power away and update America’s sedition and treason laws to prevent their resurgence.
So HOW can this be done? By using the seven principles of war from Deuteronomy 20:
- Men skilled in warfare must lead the army, but the clergy among the leadership must provide spiritual encouragement and remind everyone that the enemy’s numbers and strength mean nothing because God will fight for them if they trust and serve Him (verses 1-4).
- Only brave warriors who can focus on the task at hand without worldly distractions can serve in this army. Everyone else should stay out of the way (verses 5-8).
- Only after the army is formed do the officers appoint campaign commanders suited to the particular battles (verse 9).
- Every stronghold must be given the chance to surrender, and if they do the people will not be punished beyond being completely stripped of power and required from that point forward to scrupulously submit to the rule of law under direct supervision (verses 10-11).
- Strongholds which refuse to surrender must be besieged and defeated, and their leaders punished appropriately. This is where the principle of the law supercedes the letter in the modern context, since this army must not – with the exception of actual and aggravated Treason as determined by a court of law – employ capital punishment. Further, all of the resources of that stronghold must be re-purposed to serve the rule of law. (verses 12-15).
- Rebellious strongholds which fall in the special category of institutions or industries intended to teach, promote and uphold objective truth for the benefit of all of society (e.g. academia, law, media) must receive greater attention by the conquering army regarding all combatants, not just the leaders, and their punishment must include restrictions that strip them of every means to advance their ideology and agenda from that point forward (verses 16-18).
- In the prosecution of this war, any tangible resources that can be restored to beneficial use must be preserved (and used in subsequent battles), but those which cannot bear fruit for the restored society should be destroyed (verses 19-20).
By God’s grace we have a Commander in Chief who seems to truly want the restoration of America, and who has clergy in his inner circle who could introduce him to these seven Biblical principles of war. I pray they will see this article and pass its insights along.
But in my view, the army which must be formed is not exclusively an arm of the Trump administration, but a coalition of forces like the Continental Militia of the Founders’ era. And prominent in those ranks should be the modern clergy of the Black Robed Regiment and patriotic men and women from every walk of life. If you agree, sign my Declaration of Restoration to add your voice to this rallying cry. And please pass this message on to others.
Deuteronomy 20: The Laws of Warfare
1“When you go out to battle against your enemies and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, who brought you up from the land of Egypt, is with you. 2“When you are approaching the battle, the priest shall come near and speak to the people. 3“He shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, 4for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’ 5“The officers also shall speak to the people, saying, ‘Who is the man that has built a new house and has not dedicated it? Let him depart and return to his house, otherwise he might die in the battle and another man would dedicate it. 6‘Who is the man that has planted a vineyard and has not begun to use its fruit? Let him depart and return to his house, otherwise he might die in the battle and another man would begin to use its fruit. 7‘And who is the man that is engaged to a woman and has not married her? Let him depart and return to his house, otherwise he might die in the battle and another man would marry her.’ 8“Then the officers shall speak further to the people and say, ‘Who is the man that is afraid and fainthearted? Let him depart and return to his house, so that he might not make his brothers’ hearts melt like his heart.’ 9“When the officers have finished speaking to the people, they shall appoint commanders of armies at the head of the people.
10“When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace. 11“If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. 12“However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. 13“When the LORD your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the men in it with the edge of the sword. 14“Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the LORD your God has given you. 15“Thus you shall do to all the cities that are very far from you, which are not of the cities of these nations nearby. 16“Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes. 17“But you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittite and the Amorite, the Canaanite and the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite, as the LORD your God has commanded you, 18so that they may not teach you to do according to all their detestable things which they have done for their gods, so that you would sin against the LORD your God.
19“When you besiege a city a long time, to make war against it in order to capture it, you shall not destroy its trees by swinging an axe against them; for you may eat from them, and you shall not cut them down. For is the tree of the field a man, that it should be besieged by you? 20“Only the trees which you know are not fruit trees you shall destroy and cut down, that you may construct siegeworks against the city that is making war with you until it falls.